U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2019
· Night 12 setlist for U2:UV at the Sphere, Las Vegas, 25/10/23
· Night 10 & 11 setlists for U2:UV at the Sphere, Las Vegas, 20/10/23 & 21/10/23
· Night 9 setlist for U2:UV at the Sphere, Las Vegas, 18/10/23
· Night 6, 7, & 8 setlists for U2:UV at the Sphere, Las Vegas, 11/10/23 - 14/10/23
· Night 5 setlist for U2:UV at the Sphere, Las Vegas, 08/10/23
· Night 4 setlist for U2:UV at the Sphere, Las Vegas, 07/10/23
· Night 3 setlist for U2:UV at the Sphere, Las Vegas, 05/10/23
· Night 2 videos for U2:UV at the Sphere, Las Vegas, 30/09/23
· Night 2 setlist for U2:UV at the Sphere, Las Vegas, 30/09/23
· Night 1 videos for U2:UV at the Sphere, Las Vegas, 29/09/23
U2 to tape TV show in Los Angeles on Friday|
Posted on Tuesday, October 24 @ 03:57:03 CEST by Macphisto
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) -- Irish rockers U2, on the promotional trail for their upcoming album, will perform on cable channel USA Network`s fledgling ``Jimmy and Doug`s Farmclub.com`` TV show on Friday.
The band will tape several songs at the Universal Studios lot in Los Angeles, and the show will be cablecast the following Monday. The taping will also be Webcast live (http://www.farmclub.com).
U2 guitarist Edge told Reuters the band would play its new single, ``Beautiful Day,`` and probably ``Elevation.`` Both tracks are featured on U2`s 10th album, ``All That You Can`t Leave Behind,`` which comes out in the United States on Oct. 31.
Since Farmclub debuted in January, it has featured such acts as Eminem, Dr. Dre, Macy Gray, Kid Rock, Stone Temple Pilots, Limp Bizkit and Beck. Consider U2`s appearance a favor to Jimmy Iovine, who produced the band`s 1983 album ``Under A Blood Red Sky`` and 1988`s ``Rattle and Hum`` and is now co-chairman of U2`s Interscope label. Iovine co-founded Farmclub with his boss, Universal Music Group chairman Doug Morris.
``Jimmy is our boss, in the record company sense. It`s great. It`s like having your mate be the head of the record label,`` Edge said Sunday.
U2 will then travel to New York to play ``Beautiful Day`` at MTV`s top-rated ``Total Request Live`` show on Monday. The band is also ``artist of the month`` for November at MTV`s sister channel, VH1, which will premiere a special U2 version of ``Pop Up Videos`` and rerun the U2 ``Legends`` episode.
But the Farmclub and MTV appearances are the extent of their Stateside promotional activities.
Edge said U2 will probably launch a world tour next spring, beginning in the United States. ``We`re gonna keep it relatively organic, start off with maybe six months of dates and see how we like it and how it develops,`` he said.
The staging will be simpler than that used for the band`s 1997-98 PopMart world tour, whose tongue-in-cheek grandiose nature underwhelmed some critics. ``We will have a production,`` Edge said. ``We`re not going back to a few colored lights and whatever, but it`s not going to be anything as intricate or, from our point of view, time-consuming an undertaking. We`re going to keep it more simple.``
By Dean Goodman