U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2019
· U2's Mumbai setlist, 15/12/19
· U2's Manila setlist and videos, 11/12/19
· U2's Seoul setlist and videos, 08/12/19
· U2's Tokyo #1 and #2 setlists and videos, 4/12/19 and 5/12/19
· U2's Singapore #2 setlist and videos, 01/12/19
· U2's Singapore #1 setlist and videos, 30/11/19
· U2's Perth setlist, 27/11/19
· U2's Sydney #2 setlist, 23/11/19
· U2's Sydney #1 setlist, 22/11/19
· U2's Adelaide setlist, 19/11/19
U2 Preps New Single, Denies N.Y.C. Concert Report|
Posted on Thursday, August 01 @ 02:39:32 CEST by Macphisto
(Launch.com) -- The new U2 single will be out in September. "Electric Storm," which the Irish quartet has reportedly just recorded, is the title of the first release from U2's second best-of collection, according to a source at Interscope Records. The single will ship to radio on September 16, with the 17-track album due in November.
The new album, a successor to U2's 1998 release Best Of 1980-1990, will include one other new song, "The Hands That Built America," which was written especially for the forthcoming Martin Scorsese film, Gangs Of New York. The band's official website (u2.com) features a snippet of U2 playing the song in the studio.
In other news, U2 is denying published reports that it will take part in a September 5 concert in New York City's Times Square that will coincide with the kickoff of the 2002 National Football League season. In fact, no U2 concert dates are currently scheduled in conjunction with the best-of release, as the group is working on material for its next studio album.
In fact, Bon Jovi will headline the Times Square gig, after which the group will take a helicopter to Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, where it will also give a halftime performance at the New York Giants-San Francisco 49ers game.
-- Gary Graff, Detroit