U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2019
· Looking Through the Window: San Diego, 1981
· U2's Mumbai setlist, 15/12/19
· U2's Manila setlist and videos, 11/12/19
· U2's Seoul setlist and videos, 08/12/19
· U2's Tokyo #1 and #2 setlists and videos, 4/12/19 and 5/12/19
· U2's Singapore #2 setlist and videos, 01/12/19
· U2's Singapore #1 setlist and videos, 30/11/19
· U2's Perth setlist, 27/11/19
· U2's Sydney #2 setlist, 23/11/19
· U2's Sydney #1 setlist, 22/11/19
Pope, Bono in the running for Nobel|
Posted on Thursday, September 11 @ 09:03:05 CEST by Macphisto
(Reuters) -- STOCKHOLM: The ’03 Nobel prizes will be announced between October 6 and 10, the Nobel Foundation said, with Irish pop star Bono and Pope John Paul II in the running for the prestigious Peace Prize.
The Peace Prize, the most celebrated of the Nobel honours, will be announced on October 10 in Oslo by the Norwegian Nobel Committee, the last of the six awards to be announced.
In addition to Bono and the Pope, other names known to be on the list of 165 candidates for the prize are anti-war French President Jacques Chirac, the European Union and Cuban dissident Oswalda Paya.
The former governor of the US state of Illinois, George Ryan, who granted clemency to all 167 inmates on the state’s death row, is also believed to have been nominated. Last year’s Peace Prize went to former US president Jimmy Carter.
The Nobel season will kick off with the announcement in Stockholm of the Prize for Medicine or Physiology on October 6, to be followed by the Physics Prize on October 7 and the prizes for both Chemistry and Economics on October 8.
In keeping with tradition, the Swedish Academy will set the date for its announcement of the Literature Prize later. It is traditionally awarded on a Thursday, and could likely be announced the day before the Peace Prize, on October 9.
Each Nobel Prize this year will carry a prize sum of 10m Swedish kronor ($1.17m, 1.08m euros), to be shared if the prize is awarded to more than one laureate.