U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2019
· Looking Through the Window: San Diego, 1981
· U2's Mumbai setlist, 15/12/19
· U2's Manila setlist and videos, 11/12/19
· U2's Seoul setlist and videos, 08/12/19
· U2's Tokyo #1 and #2 setlists and videos, 4/12/19 and 5/12/19
· U2's Singapore #2 setlist and videos, 01/12/19
· U2's Singapore #1 setlist and videos, 30/11/19
· U2's Perth setlist, 27/11/19
· U2's Sydney #2 setlist, 23/11/19
· U2's Sydney #1 setlist, 22/11/19
News: U2-edition iPod coming soon?|
Posted on Monday, October 18 @ 20:03:50 CEST by Macphisto
(Thinksecret.com) -- Apple and U2's relationship is only warming up, multiple source say. The band has already released its new single initially exclusively through the iTunes Music Store, threatened to release the entire album through iTunes if it leaks early, and recorded a 2-minute commercial for Apple. Up next: a U2-edition iPod, tipsters say.
While Think Secret has been unable to confirm this with one-hundred percent certainty, sources say that Apple is planning to release the U2-edition iPod around the week of November 21, when U2's new album will hit stores. For a small premium over the regular iPod, said to be around $30, the U2-edition iPod will feature a distinctive enclosure and will come pre-loaded with all the band's major album releases.
Lending credibility to this rumor is Apple's own CFO, Peter Oppenheimer, who during last week's conference call discussing earnings openly volunteered that more Apple-U2 collaborations are due "in the coming weeks."
A U2-edition iPod would not mark the first the company has partnered with an artist. In December, 2002, Apple offered limited-edition "signature iPods" bearing the laser-engraved autographs of Madonna, Tony Hawk, No Doubt, and Beck on the back. The signature iPods carried a $49 premium over regular iPods.